Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
‘Tis the season… to get ready for the Christmas rush! As a small business owner, your seasonal prep routine should include writing and sending Christmas cards to clients, customers and employees.
Why? It’s an easy way to say thank you to people who’ve stuck with you over the past year. It motivates employees, strengthens customer loyalty and helps you stay connected to the people who matter to your business. Plus, it’s a really nice thing to do!
But coming up with creative Christmas card messages year after year can be tricky – especially for business owners already swamped with Christmas to-do lists – so we’ve gathered together a few ideas to help you connect with customers and show appreciation for your employees.
With the right combination of an eye-catching card design and a carefully crafted Christmas greeting, your business’s Christmas card is sure to earn that coveted spot on someone’s fridge.
Here, we’ll help you with:
- Business Christmas card dos and don’ts
- Business Christmas card message ideas for clients and customers
- Business Christmas card message ideas for different industries
- Business Christmas card message ideas for employees
Feel free to copy and paste these business Christmas card messages – or simply use them as inspiration. And of course, we’ve got the perfect card design templates to match. Happy designing!
Business Christmas card message dos and don’ts
You know your business best, so it’s up to you to decide how you want to thank your customers and employees. But you don’t want to strike the wrong tone either. Here are a few ground rules to keep in mind:
Keep it positive! Even if you’ve had a tough year, it helps to ring in 2024 with a joyful, uplifting message.
Make it personal. Including a personal touch – like a favourite memory or highlight from the year – helps traditional Christmas messaging stand out and encourages recipients to take the time to read your card. They’ll appreciate that you took the time to show you care about them.
Don’t make assumptions as to what seasonal holiday your customers celebrate. If you’re not absolutely sure, stick with generic end-of-year messages, such as “Season’s Greetings,” “Happy Holidays” or “Happy New Year.”
Don’t include too much sales-y language. This isn’t the time for a hard sell. Keep your message of sincerity and gratitude front and centre.
Don’t wait until the last minute. We all know how busy things get around Christmas, so start the process well before the season really kicks off. Scrambling to buy and send your cards can lead to spelling mistakes, ineffective messaging and extremely late letters (receiving a seasonal greeting in mid-January tends to give the impression that the sender is a bit disorganised!).
A simple Business Christmas card for customers and clients
Business Christmas card message ideas for clients and customers
Business Christmas cards are a great way to show your appreciation to the clients and customers who have supported your business in the last year (check out our ideas for Christmas gift baskets too!). Business Christmas cards can also help you reconnect with customers you haven’t seen in a while.
Here are a few sample Christmas messages you can send to clients as you welcome in 2024:
- Wishing you and yours/Happy Christmas/From all of us at [company name]
- From the [company name] family to yours, sending wishes of warmth, joy and tranquility this Christmas season./We couldn’t have done it without you.
- It’s the most wonderful time of the year/And you are the most wonderful part of our business. Thank you for making this year a little brighter for us. Wishing you the happiest Christmas./[company name]
- Happy Christmas/We’re so grateful for your support./Wishing you happiness and health in 2024.
- Season’s Greetings/Here’s to a cheerful Christmas and a fresh 2024./Warmest wishes, [company name]
- Cheers to the New Year/Best wishes for a wonderful festive season and a happy 2024.
- Sending thanks this festive season (and always)/Your friends at [company name]
- Happy Christmas/from our desk to yours [company name]
A Business Christmas card for clients and collaborators.
Choose a Business Christmas card design that references the type of business you’re in, or use language that complements the design you choose. Here are some examples to spark your creativity for a few different types of businesses.
- Season’s Greetings/Your business kept us blooming. From your friends at [florist name]
- You helped us build our small business/just by being yourself./Warmest Christmas wishes from [building company name]
- Making spirits shiny, clean & bright this festive season./Happy Christmas from [cleaning company name].
- Season’s eatings! Here’s to a delicious 2024./From all of us at [restaurant name]
- Eat, drink and be merry!/Warmest wishes, [eatery name]
- Wishing you a festive season of sheer joy! From all of us at [hair salon name]
- Here’s to a happy new year in your new home. Warmest wishes, [real estate agent name]
Playful capitalisation, punctuation or wording (if appropriate for your business) can add personality and warmth to an otherwise generic message. Here are some messages to consider when experimenting with tone and typeface:
- YOU + US = JOY/Season’s Greetings/From all of us at [company name]
- We LOVED having your support this year! Stay cosy and have the BEST festive season, from the team at [company name].
You may know for sure that everyone on your list of recipients celebrates Christmas. If it’s Christmas, here are a few business Christmas greetings to consider:
- Merry Christmas/‘Tis the season to tell you how much you mean to us. (Spoiler: It’s a lot.)/All the best,/[company name]
- Merry + Blessed/Merry Christmas to you and yours./Your business is a blessing all year round./[company name]
A green Business Christmas card for 2023.
Business Christmas card message ideas for employees
Employees are so important to the strength of your small business. Along with a gift, a personal, meaningful card is an opportunity to show them you recognise their hard work. If you really want to show your employees how much you appreciate them, it’s worth taking the time to write a handwritten note.
Here are a few Business Christmas message ideas for employees:
- Happy Christmas & many thanks/We couldn’t do it without you!/This year and always, you’re a valued member of our team.
- Happiest Christmas/This is the time to give thanks and to tell you how much you mean to us./We hope you enjoy the most joyful and restful of Christmases./You’ve earned it!/Your friends and colleagues at [company name]
- From your team members at [company name]/You make our working days feel merry, and we’re grateful to have you with us. Wishing you peace and prosperity this festive season!
- Oh, what fun we’ve had this year!/Thank you for being part of the best team we could ask for./Have a very merry festive season. See you in 2024!
- It’s been a joy working with you this year./Have a fun-filled Christmas/Warmest wishes, [company name]
- Thank you for everything you do. Best wishes for the festive season, from [company name]
We hope we’ve helped you find the right words and given you some inspiration to spread Christmas cheer this season. As long as you’re sincere and grateful in your Christmas messaging, your clients and employees will know you care.