20 business Christmas card messages for 2020
It's that special time of year again – time to prep for the Christmas rush. Writing Christmas greetings for business contacts year after year means getting creative. And even though this year has been very different for everyone, it's still important to send a memorable message to your customers and employees.
We've made it simple for you. Below are a few ideas to help you connect with customers and show appreciation for your employees. With the right combination of an eye-catching design and carefully crafted copy, you can get your message across amidst the Christmas hubbub – and make your card stand out on a crowded countertop.
Copy and paste, customise or simply find inspiration in these business Christmas card messages. And of course, we've got the perfect card design templates to use for each one. Have fun designing!
Christmas card messages for clients and customers
Christmas cards are a low-cost way to say 'thank you' to clients and customers who've stuck with you through all the craziness of 2020.
When writing Christmas greetings for business purposes, aim for an uplifting tone. Put sincerity and appreciation front and centre. If you don't know what seasonal holiday your customers celebrate, stick with generic end-of-year messages such as "Season's Greetings," "Happy Holidays," or "Happy New Year."
Here are simple Christmas greeting card messages to consider for your 2020 messaging, along with a couple of tips and templates you can update to match.
Pair a design with fitting copy
Matching the right words with an attention-grabbing design helps make your message more cohesive. For example:
- Season's Greetings/Your business helped keep us in bloom.
- Happy Christmas 2020/You make our business blossom/just by being yourself.
- Season's Greetings/Here's to a cheerful Christmas and a fresh 2021./Warmest wishes, [company name]
- Cheers to the new year/Best wishes for a wonderful Christmas and a happy 2021.
- Sending thanks this Christmas season (and always)/Your friends at [company name]
- Wishing you a happy & healthy Christmas/Warmest wishes, [company name]
Get creative with formatting
Capitalisation and line breaks can add personality and warmth to an otherwise generic message. Play around with formatting based on the template that best suits your business. Here are some messages to consider when experimenting with tone and typeface:
- peace & joy to you and yours/happy Christmas from us to you/[company name]
- CHRISTMAS HAPPINESS/season's greetings from everyone at [company name]
- YOU + US = JOY/Happy Christmas/From all of us at [company name]
Make it personal
Or, you could try composing longer messages that include a personal touch. This encourages recipients to take a few moments to read your card. Here are a few examples:
- Season's Greetings/Collaborating with you this year has been a joy and a privilege. Wishing you and yours the happiest of Christmases and much prosperity in the new year.
- From the [company name] family to yours, sending wishes of warmth, joy and tranquillity this Christmas season./Our thanks to you for sticking with us through this difficult year. We couldn't have done it without you.
- It's the most wonderful time of the year/And you are the most wonderful part of our business. Thank you for making this – and every time of year – brighter for us. We wish you the happiest of Christmases./[company name]
- Happy Christmas/In a year filled with challenges, we're grateful for your support./Wishing you happiness & health in 2021.
Business Christmas greetings
Sometimes, you know that everyone on your list of recipients celebrates Christmas. If this is the case, here are a few business Christmas greetings to consider:
- Merry Christmas/'Tis the season for us to tell you how much you mean to us. (Spoiler: It's a lot.)/All the best,/[company name]
- You are a joy to us all./Have a fun-filled Christmas
- Merry + Blessed/Merry Christmas to you and yours./Your business is a blessing all year round./[company name]
Christmas card messages for employees
Employees are the lifeblood of your small business. And this year, they've stood with you through uncharted times – navigating new safety policies, working longer hours and continuing to be there for you and your business.
Along with a small gift, a personal and meaningful card is an opportunity to show colleagues that you recognise their hard work. With company Christmas card wording for your employees, aim for a genuine and appreciative tone.
Here are a few Christmas messages employees will cherish:
- Happy Christmas & many thanks/We couldn't do it without you./This year and always, you're a valued member of our team.
- A Christmas note of thanks/In unfamiliar times, you've stuck by us. We couldn't do it without you./In gratitude, your team members at [company name]
- Happiest of Christmases/You keep us afloat. And we are grateful./Thanks for all you do for us, this time of year and beyond./Your friends and colleagues at [company name]
- From your team members at [company name]/You make our business merry. We're grateful for all you do. Wishing you peace and prosperity this Christmas season!